Monday, October 26, 2009

On the 21st of October, Barbara and I went to Shelburne Falls, MA…just because. On the way up we took a detour through a neighborhood in Enfield where I found a nice little condo unit that I would dearly love to make an offer on, but I have to get an firm offer on my house first. Barbara liked the unit and said she could see me there. So can I!

The ride up to Shelburne Falls was beautiful and uneventful. For the most part the foliage was peak or just past peak, but we didn’t care.

We were very hungry by the time we got there and immediately hit Café Martin for lunch. We each had the butternut squash bisque and half a BLT. The bisque was unbelievably delicious! I must find a recipe on line and see if I can duplicate it.

Then we ambled over the bridge into Buckland (which is a section of Shelburne Falls) and moseyed along the different shops along the river. Our objective was Stillwater Porcelain. The items in this shop are beyond belief. Pat Pyott uses actual leaves and plants to make her “casts”. Her creations (when purchased) become immediate heirlooms.

We made our way across the Flower Bridge, which was way past peak. Almost everything had been cut back for the winter’s nap, but we managed to find, among other things, the last rose of summer! ☺☺

No comments: