Sunday, May 9, 2010

Nine Days and Counting



I am surrounded by a chaos of boxes…some taped shut and others with gaping maws waiting for sealing tape. I have to leave some boxes open because I still need to use, from time to time, what’s in them.

Right now my buyers are waiting for the underwriters to approve their mortgage. They have commitment from the bank, but the underwriters are holding everything up. This creates great stress. I have utilities that need changing; address change with the post office; washer and dryer to be delivered. The assumption is: it will go through and we will have closing on May 18th. Uh huh.

On a happier note, today is Mothers Day and I did hear from all my kids and one grandkid. Paul actually called from his fishing vacation in Maine. I’m a happy mom.

Speaking of happy moms…my mother has decided she wants to stay at the nursing home where she is, rather than try to get into one that will be one mile from my new condo. From my condo to where she is now is 11 miles one way. She understands the trade-off is that she won’t see me as often. Her response to that: some people don’t ever have someone come visit. So, seeing me twice a week as opposed to almost every day is still better than not having any visitors at all.

She says she’s comfortable with all the staff and other residents and that everyone treats her well. I don’t feel I can move her against her will.

The beat and the count-down goes on.

Don’t look for much from me in the next two weeks. I’ll be strung out like an over-tuned violin string (ready to snap!). You can catch me on Facebook, however. If I know you, just friend me. If I don’t know you, friend me and let me know you follow my blog. Otherwise I will ignore your request.

Update on my rotator cuff
I not only have the rotator cuff problem, I have tendonitis. It's the tendonitis that's causing me the pain. So I am taking the ibuprofen 3 times a day and trying to remember to use the ice pack. I can't stop what I need to do, so the discomfort will have to amuse itself.

No comments: