Saturday, January 28, 2017

Slipcovering An Old Hassock – Part 6

I’ve been playing with my new sewing machine. My biggest frustration was threading the needle. It has an automatic needle threader and it worked like a charm the first time I used it. The next time I couldn’t get it to work. So I took the needle off the shank, used a manual needle threader, and put the needle back where it belonged. I really need to call for an appointment to have my cataracts evaluated.

I’ve also been trying to figure out the markings on the plate behind the needle. The marks aren’t the easiest to see, but I think I’ve figured out where the 1/2 inch line is. Next, I have to find the zipper/piping foot and play with that.

I’ve been adjusting the stitch tension and length and I think I’ve got it where it needs to be.

On to pinning on the paper patterns.

The first piece is pinned down


All the pieced pinned
I pinned down every piece; cut them out; took some muscle relaxers for my back! 😉 Just kidding. It was not the most comfortable place to be pinning and cutting but it was the least disruptive. Why didn’t I use the nice big table down in my work area?

This is why
This is why! This is the table I could have used. It was easier to work from my knees next to the bed than moving all that stuff and then putting it all back again.

Next will be sewing everything together. Maybe tomorrow.


Until then…