Friday, August 28, 2009

I’m Getting There!

Pack ’em up! Move ’em out!
Almost all the tag sale stuff is gone. Tomorrow I expected Big Brothers, Big Sisters to stop by and pick up the last remnants. However, it's going to rain so we have put it off until second week in Sept. I might even be able to put my garage back in order. I really should consider packing up a few things while I’m at it.

Saturday (tomorrow) should find Andy here to vacuum the attic and push the insulation back under the A/C that’s sticking out of the living room wall. Then on Sunday, Kathy and Andy will be over to move two pieces of furniture from the master bedroom to Kathy’s house…two bureaus and two mirrors. Other than tidying things up, that’s the end of what I need to do before the For Sale sign goes up.

I have packed all my books (the ones I’m keeping) into 16 boxes (that reams of paper come in). I have four more boxes sitting in my car ready to be delivered (donated) to a local book store. Then I have a small box, about half that size, filled with VHS tapes. I know…this is old technology, but it’s what I have. Next I have to pack all my stuffed animals, do-dads and gee-gaws that are so precious to me. Why do I need so much stuff?

Carpets are clean
Stanley Steemer came yesterday afternoon. And another crew came back today to do one small area the first crew overlooked. Not really their fault. I had no experience with SS before and did not realize they do not move beds. I had a twin bed that should have been moved but wasn’t. Mis-communication. Good job. I would recommend them.

Raccoon
A couple weeks ago there was a dead raccoon at the side of the road about half a mile from my house. I thought it might be the one that was always after my bird feeder. Not. The raids continued. This morning there was another dead raccoon at the side of the road not very far from my house. Maybe it’s the one. I’ll know soon. If my clothesline is not twisted in the next couple days…well, that would be the one. It’s a little sad. It became a game to see if I could catch it in the act. One night I did. It ran, of course.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Bev,
You can donate any books you don't want and even VHS tapes you don't want to the Enfield Library...and get a tax credit to boot. I donate to them every year. They will give you a receipt for everything if you ask for one.

Beverly Titus said...

Thanks for that info, Elaine. I didn't know that. I don't think my library does that. I can use the write-off.