Monday, December 27, 2010

First Snow

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! I didn't have to worry about clearing any of it. That was a pleasure. Once the plow came into the parking area between the buildings, all I had to do was move my car to a designated place that had already been plowed. I only had to clean off one side of my car because of the way the fierce winds were blowing.

A crew of strong men cleared the parking lot, the sidewalks and my doorstep. How cool is that?

I used the basement door for coming and going and proved the wisdom of having that vinyl put along that wall in front of the slider and over to the stairs. It worked out perfectly...just as I knew it would.

It was so freakin' cold last night I wasn't able to sleep with my window open. Even open just a crack and the wind was howling. I did manage to cool the room off, but I didn't sleep well knowing the window was closed. I have a draft blocker under my bedroom door and weather stripping all around just so I can sleep with the window open. I know. Some of you think I'm nuts, but there is nothing like fresh air while sleeping under a pile of light-weight comforters...which I will do tonight!

No comments: