Thursday, June 9, 2011

I Surrender! ☺

When I went to bed last night I was not expecting any more storms. The line that went through earlier in the evening had some brilliant lightening…cloud-to-cloud and ground to cloud streaks that we so seldom see.

I left windows open and fans on thinking I would cool the house down over night then close it up this morning. I really didn’t want to turn the C/A on.

At 1:30 am I was rudely awakened by thunder and realized the rain was coming in my bedroom windows. I flew out of bed, whacked my right shin in the oscillating fan that was on the floor knocking the cage off the front. I frantically closed the windows and unplugged the fan. Then I ran downstairs to close the living room sliders and the kitchen window.

I limped back upstairs and inspected my leg. Ugh. I found the Neosporin and a large bandaid and patched my self up.

This morning I decided to go out early on my bike to get a few groceries before it got hot. At least that was successful! When I returned home I discovered I had left my car windows open last night. I…don’t…believe…it!

As for the C/A, I turned it on…I caved in…I ran up the flag of surrender. The weather is going to be threatening all day into the night and the temps are going to be up near 99. I’ll cool the house off all right! I’ll turn the C/A on forget the whole thing.

Check back with me tomorrow when the weather is cooler and drier. I’ll be in a better mood. ☹

No comments: