Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Raging River of Mud

I went out of my way to go to the Suffield end of the Canal path just to get a look at the river. I was speechless!

I've seen the river higher. I've seen more debris floating down the swollen river. But I've never seen it look like mud. It looks like a slurry.

People were standing in the observation area just looking. No one was talking. Like attending a funeral. Very surreal.

And, darn it, I had neither binoculars nor camera. Grrrrrr!

BTW...both North and South Water Streets are closed. And there is a huge tree split and laying across one of the side streets from Main St to South Water (I think it's next to the police station). Try as I might, I could not get down to the river. Maybe tomorrow morning I'll walk down to the boat launch...with binoculars and camera. This isn't going away any time soon.

No comments: