Sunday, July 5, 2015

My Gardens Are Exploding!

Just about three weeks ago I posted the progress of my gardens. You can scroll down to see those pictures, and also, compare what I'm posting today as compared to three weeks ago.


My front garden. The poor winter damaged azalea in the back still looks pretty pathetic. The 2 ornamental peppers have a lot of growing to do. When they are full grown, they will take up most of that space. I haven't weeded here yet today, but I will as soon as the sun goes around to the back.


The rest of the front garden. The phlox is ginormous and the bee balm is out-doing itself. The petunias in the middle are gallantly pushing themselves front and center. The ornamental peppers are doing great.


Now, for the back gardens. To the left of middle you see my neighbor's mass of corruption sort of bent to the left. I went in there and cut back all his mint that was invading my garden...that doesn't count the mint that traveled under the barrier into my side.


Another garden area just exploding. The bee balm has taken over. I can barely find the white phlox in there. The blue delphinium towers over everything. All my gardens will get a redesign next year.


The sedum has gone wild. The wild safflower (or what I think is safflower) has started taking over. I had to take out one pepper plant because it had no place to grow. My neighbor liked what I had done with the stones and the fencing, so they continued the stones on their part and put up matching fence sections. The back area looks so good!


This is probably a weed. It looks like it could be in the lily family, though. Don't know. I have two of them that I will let grow to see what they are.