Thursday, August 4, 2016

My Front Garden

This is a continuation of the post below this one. For some reason, Blogspot is cantankerous tonight.


The tag on these said marigolds but everyone says they are zinnias. What do I know? I just like them.

These are my ornamental peppers surrounded by a crop of purslane. In this drought, the purslane makes good ground cover as well as nice crunchy greens in a sandwich.

This is all of my front garden. Most of the bee balm is gone and next year will be totally gone. I have plans to replace it with another hummingbird attracting plant or plants.

I picked this little piece of decor up at a tag sale for $2 with the thought of placing it in my front garden. However, because of the wood seat,  I don't think it would last long in the weather. I'll find another place for it.

And, finally, there you have it. My summer gardens. I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I do.