Tuesday, August 5, 2008

That Lost Feeling

Photo
Snow from January this year. Do you feel cooler? Glad I could help.

I miss my bike!
I left my bike at REI yesterday to have stuff put on, stuff taken off, and stuff replaced. I feel lost without my bike. I can’t decide to go for a ride just because it’s such a gorgeous day. I can have it back on Thursday, the 7th, however.

Speaking of Thursday, a few of my friends and I will take our picnic lunches to the banks of the Connecticut River. After (or before) we eat, we will tour the Lincoln Statuary. After we have enjoyed the day, I will head for REI to get my bike. Maybe I can ride on Friday! Oh! Won’t that be wonderful?

The REI employee who was helping me yesterday, Dave, told me that Smartwool® makes a whole lot of biking clothing, not just socks. He told me that they make biking shirts that keep you warm or cool depending on what the weather situation is and, get this, he says you can wear one shirt (or any other article of clothing) made of Smartwool® for two weeks without washing it. He said they have an odor killing property as well as a wicking moisture away from your body. Makes for carrying lighter loads when bike touring. If I get such articles of clothing, who wants to take the next bike tour with me? You know I will have to test this!

Go out to their website www.rei.com and search for Smartwool then Smartwool for men or Smartwool for women. It’s not cheap, but…if it’s as good and lasts as long as they say it’s a good deal. AND, by the way, their return policy is excellent. If at any time you decide you don’t like something (and I’m guessing you would have to have the sales slip) you can bring it back. For instance, if I decide I don’t like the new tires they are putting on my bike (after I ride around on them), they will take them back. How’s that for a return policy?

No comments: