Saturday, September 20, 2008

Lincoln Sculptures #4




Photos
Career columns showing Lincoln’s varied careers.
Click on photos to enlarge...makes reading easier.

In other news

On Thursday I walked. Went only a mile and a half and my lower back started bothering me. I expect minor shin splints from the walk. I will make an appointment with my chiropractor to fix the back. Then I went for a bike ride yesterday for the first time since I got back from the Canal trip. It went well. I’m still riding strong. However, the first time I walked up a flight of stairs after the ride I thought my leg muscles were on fire…burn, baby, burn! I guess I haven’t healed quite yet.
Today was one of those brilliant, slightly cool fall days that I had to let go. I knew better than to go for a walk (shins not healed yet) or bike ride (the body needs more time). How I hated to fritter away such a day. Tomorrow Bonnie I will be going to Shelburne Falls, MA for a publishing party. I have a poem, “Who Walks the Tower” in the Winter 2008 issue of Equinox. Bonnie has one or two in this issue. I am excited about being able to be part of the event as well as the chance to read my work to a whole new audience.

No comments: