Saturday, June 27, 2009

Riverwood Poetry Festival – Day 3


Friday’s events were scheduled for the Faxon Library and the Fernwood Restaurant in West Hartford. What was not scheduled was the severe weather that came through Connecticut last night. All across the state there was flash flooding, dangerous lightening, trees and power lines down. This lasted until past 8 o’clock. I tried calling Faxon but the best I could do was a looping electronic menu that gave me no information. I made the decision to stay home rather than get caught up in the traffic congestion being shown on the interstates and the uncertainty of passable roads if I chose the back roads.

Today, at 1 p.m., the Festival continues at Broad Street Books in Middletown. I’ll find out then if the Faxon/Fernwood event went on as planned.

No comments: