Thursday, July 8, 2010

Life's New Rhythm


I am establishing a whole new rhythm to my life and I have to let it happen. Nothing forced. So far so good, although I would like more days of bike riding.

I haven’t been able to take part in many water aerobic sessions since I moved here. Appointments with carpenters, electricians, doctors and my physical therapy sessions, all seemed to fall on Tuesday or Thursday mornings.

This morning there wasn't a session, so I went to the pool and did laps. I lost count but I think I did somewhere in the neighborhood of a dozen the long way. Granted this isn't a big pool, but I'm not used to swimming. I did rest a minute or so after each lap, and that's OK. The last time I did laps it was only 5. So I've doubled the number and then some. Now I have to work on doing them without resting in between. For someone with COPD (like me) this is great exercise and the more I can do the better for my breathing.


Just let it flow; let it happen; enjoy the scenery along the way. There is no hurry.

No comments: