Thursday, October 28, 2010

Critters!


If there’s anything that will set me off, it’s critters. Specifically, critters in my space.

Yesterday afternoon I started hearing a noise coming from behind my fireplace. Then it was on the left side, then the right. What? This kept on for quite a while before I realized it wasn’t my neighbor doing something to her fireplace. The two do not occupy common space.

What ever it was, it was clawing on sheet metal. At one point, I swear I saw the mesh material on the left side of the fireplace bulge out. IT was pushing.

Finally I called the management company and they called an animal control person who called me. Don’t you know this guy knows my kids!

Anyway, I didn’t sleep a wink last night even though Critter Thing hadn’t made any noise since around 9 pm. But it was on my mind and in my fitful dreams. Plus, I knew Frank was going to be here at 6:30. I usually get up at 6, but set the alarm for 5 to be sure I would be up and dressed.

Frank showed up on time and looked around. His inspection of the fireplace showed the flue was open…he closed it…manually. Apparently there is no handle. Hmmm. Anyway, he couldn’t find any way anything could had gotten in, but when it comes to squirrels and chipmunks, they are stealthy!

I have Frank’s card. Should the noise come back all I have to do is call him.

Please. Please. Don’t come back! ☺

No comments: