Saturday, October 30, 2010

Down to the Wire

I was determined that today I would find and buy the carpet tiles and vinyl for the basement floor. The vinyl will be along the wall in front of the slider and over to the bottom of the stairs. That way, when I come in with wet shoes or bike tires, I won't be messing up carpeting. The excess vinyl will be put in front of the washer and dryer. That part of the floor is borderline disgusting.

The carpet tiles will be on the remainder of the floor. I intend to install the floor coverings without glue. That means double sided tape. I want to make it as easy as possible for the next owner, 20 or so years down the road, to be able to change the floor covering if they want. The house I just sold had carpet glued down to the cement floor in the basement. I pity the poor guy who wants to get that stuff up. It won't be easy.

What I bought today is custom order so I won't have it for another 2 weeks. I had hoped to have it all done in 2 weeks. Oh, well!

AND, it is also the end of my budget! Actually I went over by $200. If I hadn't taken a large chunk of $$ to pay moving bills I'd still have some left over, but those bills had to be paid. I'm satisfied that it has all worked out as well as it did.

I can't wait to post photos of the completed basement!!!!!!

No comments: