Friday, November 26, 2010

The Basement Will Be Finished!















Photos:
Left is the vinyl still on the roll.
Right...3 bookcases and 17 boxes of books that do not belong in my living room!

So I had to special order both the vinyl and the carpet tiles. The vinyl is in the house! The roll is downstairs waiting for Paul and Andy to have the time to put it down. It’s beautiful. I love it. Last I checked, the carpet tiles won’t be in until Dec. 9th! Nothing I can do about that. Anne will be here on Dec. 10th…so I guess I’ll have help putting the tiles down. ☺

Once all that is done, I’ll place the furniture. Almost everything is down there now. However, and this is a BIG however, what need to be brought down is not trivial…three bookcases and 17 boxes of books. That is going to take a good-sized work crew of very strong people. I’m buying the pizza and beer!

I recently put a thermometer in the basement and the temperature is two degrees cooler than the upstairs where the thermostat is set at 68°. I don’t think that will be comfortable. But, is not to worry, I have two electric radiators. I think one will do the trick. Come summer, that two degree difference will be wonderful. With the cooling set at 74°, the basement may be even more than two degrees lower.

No comments: