Sunday, February 27, 2011

Shelburne Falls, MA

The day started out with more snow. The wet, snowman making kind of snow. No time for making snowmen...Barbara and I were scheduled to go to Shelburne Falls, MA for a gathering of writers.

The drive up was most uneventful. Roads were clear and very wet. Thank goodness I topped off my window washer fluid before we left. It's an hour's drive, but it passes quickly as we find so many things to talk about. I bring my GPS just so we don't miss the exit...easy to do when the conversation gets so interesting! :)

We love Shelburne Falls. It's one of those old fashioned towns that time seems to have forgotten. However, there is so much going on in the cultural arts and civic pride. Makes one seriously consider moving there! :) (No, I think I'll stay right here where I am) I look forward to the reopening of the Flower Bridge...so pretty when everything on the bridge is in bloom. Then there are the glacial pot holes. Love this town.

On the way home the traffic became very slow and stop and go around Northampton. So I got off the interstate figuring I'd go home on Route 5. Interesting choice. I got into slow and stop and go traffic in Northampton. The scenery was more interesting than the highway, but I hopped back on 91 at the next opportunity. Slow on the interstate is faster than slow through every little town on Route 5.

No comments: