Monday, March 7, 2011

Back on Schedule?

It’s been a long time since I did any regular exercise. I’ve been doing water aerobics since I moved into the condo, but that’s not enough. I need strength training and exercises that target my core.

I started today. So on MWF I will do core strengthening exercises and T & T I will do water aerobics followed by weight resistant strength training alternating upper body and lower body.

If I don’t start now, I’m going to have a tough time bike riding this year. I know my right hip flexor needs attention. As I started my core workout this morning one of the exercises addresses tight hip flexor. Mine started to bark. BUT, later on when I was out doing errands, I was walking a lot easier…once I stopped waiting for it to start hurting.

I have to start walking again, too. Of course that depends on whether or not I can stretch that pesky hip flexor. Everything is connected.

No comments: