Tuesday, January 31, 2012

How to Keep the Economy from Declining

It’s simple, folks. Just spend a whole lot of money you don’t have…yet. And I should add here, that you must believe the money will be there when the bills come in. Got that? That’s very important.

Last week I ordered some adjustable, pull-out drawers for the lower portion of my kitchen cabinets. I hate getting on my hands and knees just to pull something out from the back of the bottom shelf. These shelves are not cheap.

Then I contracted to have the ductwork of my condo’s heating system cleaned. The complex is 27 years old and my furnace ductwork had NEVER been cleaned. More importantly, the circulating fan had never been cleaned. The ducts weren’t too bad, but the fan was caked with greasy dust…you know the kind…like over your stove exhaust hood if you don’t clean it often. Just imagine 27 years worth of that! The dryer vent was also done. Now, this vent has about 12 feet of flex hose and who knows when that was last cleaned. The fluffy crud that came out of that was disgusting! After seeing all the crap that had never been taken care of, I’m glad I spent the money. At least I know my air is clean and healthy, the furnace will operate more efficiently, and the dryer is not going to burn down the house!

And for my finale, I went shopping for a small freezer. Found one! As much as I hate Sears, they had exactly what I wanted at the right price. A 5.1 cu. ft. freezer is perfect to take the overload from the refrigerator freezer. It also accommodates the wire baskets I had. So now everything is neatly contained and I can open my ‘fridge freezer door without fear of being attacked! ☺

That was all last week. For the next month I’m leaving my wallet and credit cards at home if I have to leave the house. And when leaving the house, it would be nice if the weather was mild enough for me to take my bicycle instead of my car…that happens to be my plan for tomorrow if it doesn’t rain.

For the next month, whenever I get the urge to buy something, I will ask myself this question: Do I absolutely need it right now? If the answer is no…. ☺

This has nothing to do with the economy…
And, lastly, I took a ride down to the river, to that special place opposite the eagles’ nest. It didn’t look like the eagles are making their home there. Much of the nest was damaged in the late October snowstorm, but they had been rebuilding. The eggs should be laid by now and I should have been able to see the female in the nest (it’s pretty shallow this year) and the male should have been in a nearby tree. Nothing.

No comments: