Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricane and Tag Sale

 
I will try to get this posted before I lose power. At the moment we are 2-3 hours away from the beginning of the worst of Hurricane Sandy. I have been watching the speed of sustained winds and gusts increasing.

Halloween Tribulations
And right now, for the second Halloween in a row, Connecticut is experiencing a major storm. Last year it was winter storm Alfred (we name our winter storms in CT). This year it is Hurricane Sandy.

How lucky can we be? Stick around to see what next year’s weather will be.

My cell phone  and iPad are charged; I know who has propane for cooking so I can make a cup of coffee if I have no electricity…which will most likely be the case; my friends know I will have water should they need it; I know who has a wood stove so I can warm up.

Nothing to do but wait. I hope you are safe and dry.

Next to New Sale
I was in Maryland a couple weeks ago as a volunteer worker at the Next to New Sale. This is a “tag” sale that fills a gym to overflowing and goes for 4 days. The proceeds go to financial aide for the students. Everything that is left over is picked up by charities and distributed locally. This year’s sale was a huge success and raised a substantial amount.

While I was at the airport waiting to go to Maryland an earthquake struck New England. Didn’t feel it!