Friday, July 26, 2013

More on Cape Cod Erosion


Back on March 9th, I posted “Cape Cod Becoming Four Islands.” If you care to go back and read that (see the left column for an easy way to get to that article), you will see that the latest news from the Marconi Site was predicted. Not just by me…(that’s a little egotistical for me to think that), but by environmentalists and Cape Codologists for some time now.

In this morning’s Cape Cod Times online there is an article about the “Seashore tears down Marconi exhibit.”  In the past eight months the amount of erosion…40 to 50 feet of land…has been chewed away by recent storms.

I will be on the Cape in mid-September to see the damage for myself. I expect I will have pictures. I have so many pictures from past years that I might be able to post before and after.

Until then, I would like to get in touch with the retired science teacher living in Chatham who emailed me after the March article. I have had a computer meltdown since, and lost all my email addresses. I hope you still read my journal and will get in touch. I would love to meet you while I’m on the Cape in September. I'll only be there for 3 days, and will be visiting family and friends while I'm there, so I'll be very busy.