Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Greetings

This time of year is given over to Peace on Earth to Men of Good Will. It was Christmas 2009 (My Christmas Ah-Ha Moment) when I said that as soon as there were sufficient men of good will we would have peace (or words to that effect).

This year I'm doing my part to spread Peace. If you are a regular reader of my online journal, you know how I have been at war with squirrels. I finally won the war (I think) by putting seeds in the feeder that squirrels do not like. They can eat as much of the safflower seeds as they want and I won't go ballistic. HA! They don't like safflower. Is that peace or is it an impasse?

In an attempt to bring the Squirrel Wars to an end and achieve lasting peace, my granddaughter, Jessica, and her husband, Matt, brought me a present last night (Christmas eve). A squirrel Christmas tree ornament all my own. He's so cute. He doesn't eat anything. He hangs upside down from his butt (remember...he's an ornament), and he was given to me by people I love. 

I can't put him on my Christmas tree because my tree is very small. But, he will live on my mantle until I take the Christmas decor down. Then...then...I'll have to find a place where he can look out at his wild kin and know how lucky he is to be warm, dry, and not hungry. I know! I'll put him right in front of Nameless, Faceless Baby Doll. I will post pictures when that happens so you can see how benevolent I am. (I'm trying very hard not to sound sinister, hehehehehe).

So, here he is. The new love in my life (never thought I'd say that about a squirrel) Rocket J. Squirrel (Rocky) named after the rodent who was the sidekick of Bullwinkle the Moose.




Thank you, Jessica and Matt! Love you!!!!