Monday, May 19, 2014

Addendum to Adding to My Front Garden

Is that title redundant?

I went to Home Depot and picked out the stone I needed. Actually I have three of the 12 x 12 stones left over and they will go in the back so I can get to the hanging plants and hummingbird feeder without getting my shoes all mud.

As you can see in the photo, I was able to terrace the garden. The azalea is now up and the ornamental peppers are down.

I will move one of the bleeding heart plants up to where the azalea used to be and move the two mums around so they are better displayed. The morning glories and moon flowers are coming up around the "pyramid" and will be very showy in a couple months. The bee balm and phlox are over achieving!

All this was done in one day. I'm tired and sore. Tomorrow I'll be more sore, but the result of my work today makes it all worth while.

Scroll down to my first post of the day so you can see what it looked like before I went crazy.