Saturday, September 26, 2015

Cape Cod 2015

I was at the Cape recently. Only three days, and they were packed with activity. In this posting I want to highlight the erosion the Cape is going through. On March 9, 2013, I stated that the Cape would become four islands one day. (Look in left column of dates and click on 2013, then March, then click on the last title, "Cape Cod Becoming Four Islands." From what I saw recently, this could come true in my lifetime…and I’m 79 yrs old!


Here are the pictures I took with very brief descriptions.

Click on any picture to enlarge and get a better look.

Lecount Hollow. Look at the path down to the beach!

Another view of the paths leading down to the beach. Not easy walking!

At the left, that ledge is what used to be parking lot surface.

This is what the Marconi Site used to look like.

This is the same view. All gone!

A little hard to read, but the picture tells the story.

Marconi Site. Looking down at the beach.

Same, just looking more South.

Notice in the middle...sheer cut off and drop!

South Sunken Meadow Beach on the bay side. Looking North.

Same beach looking South. This is high tide. Used to be able to walk past the point in the distance. Because of beach erosion, the beach is all gone at high tide. Notice the fencing that hopes to keep the beach from eroding more.