Sunday, February 1, 2009

Jessica’s New Apartment

Unfortunately I forgot my camera. Oh, well.

On Saturday I went down to New London to visit my granddaughter, Jessica, in her new apartment. She and her pet bunny, SNAFU, are having a good time…especially SNAFU. The bunny recently escaped from her cage and spent an entire day chewing on everything in sight. That will never happen again.

Jess and I cooked together, and after lunch went to scope out downtown New London. Our mission was to find the library. Mission accomplished! We went down to the water front where the ferry boats are docked. Saw where the Nathan Hale school used to be and where they moved it to. I think the last time I was in New London, I was in college and a bunch of us went down hoping the fleet was in. It wasn't.

Met a nice New London policeman who pulled me over to inform me I had stopped... then proceeded...through a red light (with him right behind me). Huh? I thought I stopped for a stop sign. He didn’t ticket me. Just shook his head in response to the vacant (rather stupid?) look on my face. I really didn’t see any light. Jess didn't see the light either. I knew the cop was right behind me though. I’m not stupid enough to deliberately run a red light with a cop on my tail.

It’s a long schlep from South Windsor to New London, but I’d like to go down again in the spring. There’s a café called Bean and Leaf that hosts open mic poetry every Sunday and Thursday.

And I got royally lost trying to leave the city. Next time I’ll Google reverse directions too! ☺

No comments: