Thursday, January 7, 2010

Update On House Sale

Over last weekend I was this close {} to having a firm offer. Then they checked with the local police department about the traffic. That squashed the deal. The traffic has never been an issue in the 16 years I’ve lived here. I can’t do anything about this being a corner lot bordered by a state route and an east-west local road that can get busy during morning and afternoon drive times. That was a huge disappointment. Three more condos have come on the market that I would love to look at, but it doesn’t make sense to do that if I don’t have a firm offer for my house.

I also cannot do anything about the fact that my house is surrounded by lots of trees, or the fact that the house does not have hard wood floors. These seem to be the major reasons for not getting offers in addition to being on a corner lot.

As frustrating as this is, I still have confidence that everything will be just as it’s supposed to be. The Universe is handling everything, and, as soon as the condo I’m supposed to buy comes on the market (or the price is lowered to where I can afford it) I will have an offer for my house. Knowing that, I can relax and go on with my life (while continuing to pack up).

No comments: