Friday, January 29, 2010

Big Red Fails Me

Photo: This is the view Big Red had of the driveway as he watched me shovel it. The driveway is about 3 1/2 cars long and 2 cars wide.


No matter what I did. No matter how many times I read the owners manual just to be sure I was doing everything right (you know, no brain cramp). No matter. Big Red failed to start this morning and I had three inches of fluffy snow to move off my driveway.

I took shovel in hand and said, “I’m too old for this shit!” Then proceeded to shovel. I took it in little pieces…sort of a grid. In between shoveling sections, I’d go back to Big Red and try to start him. Total failure.

I guess I’m not too old for this shit, because I had it shoveled in two hours. I took it easy while I enjoyed the fresh air and vented all my nasty thoughts.

When I was done, and put the shovel away, I tried one more time. I told Big Red that if he started now I was going to put a bullet in his transmission! Not to worry. He didn’t start.

So I called the nice Manchester Honda people and they will come and get Big Red on Friday, February 5th. Let us all pray we don’t get dumped on before then.

AND, this is the good part, it will cost me around $180 depending on what they find.

I really can’t complain, however, because this is the first time since I bought Big Red, eight or nine years ago, that he has failed me. Maybe I should go out in the garage and tell him I was only kidding about the bullet.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

Maybe Big Red has the swine flu! Or he might just be on vacation...hope it works out to be a cheap repair.

Beverly Titus said...

Right now I'm more concerned with the weekend weather! We could have a major nor'easter (or we could get nothing). I will have to put my neighbor on notice that I might have to borrow his snow blower.