Tuesday, February 16, 2010

That ‘Let-Down’ Feeling



It’s snowing out. All the trees are frosted and when the sun comes out tomorrow it will be blindingly beautiful.

Because of the snow I can’t go anywhere. I won’t drive in this weather…one of the perks of being retired. BUT! I’m bored. I have nothing to do.

That’s not entirely true…I could fold that batch of laundry that’s sitting on the dryer; I could run the vacuum cleaner; I could clear some snow (but I’d have to do it all over again tomorrow). None of that interests me at the moment.

I spent the better part of the last week working on my second chap book, Tickle My Funny Bone. Now that it’s done and ready for my graphic design guru to do the cover, I have nothing to work on.

I even thought it might be fun if I had a sewing project to do. Now you know I’ve gone over the edge! I haven’t touched my sewing machine for at least 30 years. For all I know, it’s moving parts don’t move any more.

I will read. I’m always complaining that I don’t have enough time to sit down and read. It looks like today is that day. How soon before I’m napping? ☺☺☺

1 comment:

Elaine said...

And here I am at work just wishing I was at home reading too!