Saturday, May 14, 2011

When Looking for Envelopes… ☺


Last Wednesday I finished putting together a book of poems and essays in memory of my mother. I needed 6x9 envelopes to mail some of them to out-of-town family and friends. So I start looking. I knew I’d seen them since I moved in here. But where?

I didn’t stop looking until I had gone through every box on the shelves in the back storage area, repacking some of them, relabeling all of them, and trashing some stuff. I was able to empty 4 boxes in the process (and throw them out).

No envelopes.

In the meantime, I contracted to have my water heater replaced, and assured Patrick (from the company doing the replacing) that I would have all the stuff in the area of the existing water heater cleared and cleaned. That meant calling in the reserves. I called Andy (my youngest) and asked him to come over Friday night to help me take a big load of stuff to the dumpster.

(Note: the condo association has a huge dumpster down by the pool house for the owners to do their spring cleaning throw away. I made two trips!)

I hung up with Andy and went to start clearing off the table back there so the table could be thrown out. I picked up a box of front door wreath type thingies, and, would you believe…there were the envelopes I’d been looking for. Now why didn’t I think to look there first? ☺ Isn’t that where you’d expect to find envelopes?

Andy came over last night after work and helped me move some heavy boxes…some staying and some being trashed. I was able to vacuum and make the floor presentable.

Once the new water heater is in, I will put leftover vinyl down in that back area, which will make it so much easier to keep clean.

Oh! Yes, I did mail the books…in new envelopes I had bought. As it turned out I would not have had enough so would have had to buy more anyway.

Beware the next time you go looking for envelopes (or anything else, for that matter)! ☺

No comments: