Saturday, July 2, 2011




These pictures show a staff member coming up a ladder to rescue me. You see Barbara but it was me he was coming to help. I’m on the other side of the tree. Once I was securely locked in, I climbed down the ladder to solid ground that wasn’t going to move crazily and make me dizzy. In the pictures you can see the metal hoops.

Also notice in the top picture there is a cable that goes out from the platform to a piece of wood (which was actually a wooden triangle with the apex at the bottom). You can also see above that, two cables which would be all I would have to hold on to. If I had gotten to the triangle, I would have had to reposition my carabiners to the other side using the red tweezler to unlock/lock them to move to the other side and continue to the next platform.

In the last photo you can see Anne waiting for me to climb down. She had already finished her trail and was ready for more.

As for me, I was happy to be on solid ground and I was done for the day. I had no problem calling it quits.

1 comment:

Stace Farrow said...

It's making my hands sweat just LOOKING at the ladder and the bridges you have to take to get up there. yikes! May just have to conquer my fear of heights so that I can try this one day. :-)