Saturday, July 2, 2011




There I am on one of the obstacles. Next is Anne then Barbara. Barbara, Terry and I were on one beginner course and Anne chose a different one. There were three different beginners courses…I’m not sure about how many each of the others have.

I was very tense and hesitant on the planks. They were like swings and when stepped on they moved. I got through the first set of obstacles and zipped to the next platform. Then I got through the next set and zipped to the next platform.

A word about these platforms…there was not a lot of room on any of them and you most likely have to duck under cables to get to the next obstacle.

The next obstacle was two iron hoops with three narrow slats on the bottom and I had to get from one platform, through the hoops onto the next platform. It took me about 5 minutes to figure out how I was going to do it. I decided to go sitting down, feet first and haul myself through the hoops and up onto the platform.

The next test was a single cable that I would have to walk on while being hooked in and holding onto two cables for support. I put my foot on the cable a couple of times. It had a lot of play/dip/give and I decided that was not going to work for me.

No comments: