Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Spending the Holidays



















Photos:

Left: A rock! (no kidding ☺)
Right: Me with a brook babbling down the hill behind me. You’ll notice that for once I’m not babbling as well! ☺
Felt good to be outside and moving. Jon and I recently walked around the north end of Shenipsit Lake in Tolland. It was a cloudy day, but mild. Just right for a brisk walk. That’s where these pictures were taken.

Spending the Holidays
Christmas day was very quiet for my mother and me.

On Sunday, the 28th, the family got together for exchange of gifts. My mother wasn’t up to going so I went alone. We gathered at Andy and Lori’s house. In addition to my mother not being there, Anne and her family didn’t make it. They went out to Chicago for Christmas and it was just too much to expect them to come to CT too.

Because the family is so big we draw names of all those who are 18 years old and older. That way, Christmas doesn’t become a financial nightmare for anyone. This year Kathy drew my name and she gave me an HP Photosmart printer and an extra pack of ink and paper. It took me an hour and a half from opening the box to printing my first photo. Now I will go back and read the directions! ☺ It has a lot of features I want to play with. Maybe next year I will create my own Christmas cards. How about a picture of my bike all decked out in red ribbon and a wreath?

Publishing
It’s not easy finding someone to publish your work…in my case, poetry. I can have a chapbook published, but I pay for the privilege and will be lucky to make my investment back in sales. Since I have a lot of experience with publishing The Door Opener for almost 20 years, why can’t I publish my own chapbook?

The first one would be my poetry from the categories of Magic, Spiritual, and Dark. Pretty much mirrors where I have been dwelling during this very stressful year.

I know how to lay out pages. I would have to work with someone (preferably Leanne Peters) to design the cover, but I already know what I want. Once I have all that together, I can print out a half dozen copies or so and see how they sell. Then I can print on demand. The only thing I would have to do is either buy a stapler deep enough to secure the pages in the middle, or take them to Staples and have them do it. It will probably take a few months for all this to come together.

Snowing today, New Year’s Eve
The last day of the year and we are dealing with a snowstorm. Haven’t heard yet if Channel 3, WFSB, has given this one a name. I think it has all the requirements. I have to go out a little later this morning, but it’s only a walk out to the mailbox.

This year has been really sucky. It’s sucked so bad the entire Universe has a hickey. It hasn’t been long enough either, because the “whatever government agency” is adding one second to this year before we can ring in the new. I’ll be sleeping…as usual.

I wish for you a New Year filled
with an Abundance of
All Good Things.

No comments: