Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Great Weekend




















Photos:
Two views of my new office space configuration.


My daughter, Anne, came up from Maryland for a weekend visit. There were several reasons for the trip, but her grandmother’s failing health was foremost. On top of that, she reorganized my office. I had a very large metal office desk that I needed to get rid of, before rearranging the rest of the space. It took three different configurations, but we finally got it right. It feels so comfortable!

The monster desk
The big steel desk was out at the end of the driveway with a big FREE sign on it. That’s the good news. The bad news is we are expecting a snowstorm tonight through Wednesday.

Being quite concerned about the snowstorm coming, I called Goodwill to see if they would like the desk. Oh, yes they would indeed. No, they could not come pick it up. So sorry. Salvation Army no longer does pick up either.

So I called the town. I left my name, address and telephone number on a voice mail indicating I was concerned the desk would be at the end of my driveway through the snow storm.

I went out at 11 a.m. to get my newspaper and it was there. When I looked out at 11:30 it was gone. It must have been the town, although I can't be sure. It must have been because I called it “a monster of a desk” and “at the end of the driveway” and “snow storm coming.” Ya think? ☺ No one from the town has called me back, so I don't know for sure if it was them.

Next the storage closet
While she was at it, Anne tackled the large storage closet. We determined what needed to be tossed completely; what would go to the tag sale (down the road when I have one); what needed to go into the electronic recycle pile (that’s huge!!!). It’s amazing how much space there is in that closet now.

Time to visit
Anne had the chance to visit her grandmother twice, and spend time with her brothers and sister.

All in all, a very productive and satisfying weekend for everyone.

No comments: