Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Home Made Salad Dressing


Because of the power outage I was limited to what I had for supper. I decided on a spinach salad with my specialty…home made salad dressing. The salad was spinach, chopped tomato, chopped onion and pine nuts.

For the dressing, I used 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar (pomegranate infused) and 1 teaspoon honey. Oh! So good!

Years ago I used to make a salad every night for supper. One night I had the salad all made and realized I was out of dressing. What to do???

I looked in the refrigerator to see what might substitute. I had an almost empty jar of pickles with lots of juice. I mixed the juice with some mayonnaise in a jar, shook well and instant salad dressing. When you change the kind of pickle juice you get an entirely new taste. So inexpensive. No need to buy those expensive dressings any more.

Here’s to my genius! Cheers.

No comments: