Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mini Family Reunion

I have pictures but will not post them because I don't want to compromise anyone's privacy.

It’s sad that my family doesn’t get to see each other often. On my mother’s side of the family we get together on occasion, but it’s usually a funeral. I think Claire and Bill’s 50th Anniversary was the exception until yesterday.

My cousin, Art, the Elder Statesman of the family now, was coming north for a high school reunion. His brother, Paul, and sister, Carole, put together a gathering of family at Paul’s house.

What a treat to not only reacquaint with my cousins, but, in some cases, to meet their kids for the first time or the first time in a long time.

Then there were the aunts on Art’s, Paul’s and Carole’s mother’s side of the family who remembered me, but my memory did not go back that far.

I would like my kids to get to know their cousins. I hope I can do that once I get settled in wherever I’m going to be living next. I’ll just bet Anne would come up from Maryland.

If you were to take my cousins on my mother’s side and combine them with those from my father’s side…you would have the population of a small city.