Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Power Outage


A cold front passing through the northeast today generated a high wind warning. The winds brought down power lines up the street from me around 1 p.m.

The good news: it was a mild, mostly sunny day so the temperature in the house never dipped below 68°.

The bad news: we were without electricity until a little after 7 p.m. I don’t have to list all the things that I couldn’t use or enjoy. It also meant I had no phone other than my cell and that was close to needing recharging. No way I could recharge it. Well I could have used the re-charger in the car, but with no electricity I couldn’t open the garage door for ventilation.

Also, because I couldn’t open the garage door, I was unable to accompany my mother from the nursing home to a doctor appointment. I will catch up with her tomorrow morning and I’m sure she will not be happy.

So the electricity came on, the furnace clicked on, the lights came on, all the digital clocks had to be reset and the phones are all recharging.

Life is good!

No comments: