Monday, September 3, 2012

A Full Morning Starts Early


Yesterday morning I got up at 5:00, coffeed up and walked down to the boat launch to (hopefully) see a pair of ospreys and a pair of bald eagles that have been hanging out there. No luck. So this morning I’m awake at 5:30. Coffee and down to the boat launch. Another no luck trip. Oh, well.

Time for breakfast and a bike ride. This morning had to be one of the 10 best mornings ever. Sunny and cool and no humidity. I hit the road at 8:05 and rode to the cemetery to visit Philip’s gravesite (today is the 6th anniversary of his death), then off to the farm stand for some veggies. After a  stop at Paul’s house I was back home and it was only 10:15.  A total of 21 miles.

Have I told you I lead a charmed life? I don’t know who watches out for me but...

When I got home, I put my veggies in the house, then rode down to the back of the house to bring my bike in. Just as I got to the back door I heard psssssssst that kept going until the rear tire was flat and green slime (from the tube) coming out all over the place. Someone was keeping their finger on the problem until I got to my back door.

A similar incident happened about 4 months ago when I rode the bike one day and the next morning the rear tire was flat. Something about rear tires.

Tomorrow I’m taking the bike to the shop: two new tires, 2 new tubes, slime (not sure). And, since I’ve taken two spills since I last had the bike tuned, I think I should have it checked over.

After a shower, I went to Home Depot for deck stain and rollers. From there I went to Target and bought an iPad. What I need now is whoever has been looking out for me on my bike to start looking out for my lack of technological ability. I can’t get the darned thing to connect to my wi-fi. It’s MY wi-fi! It’s MY password! Why won’t the iPad accept it? Why did I think I would take it out of the box and be on my way? Because that’s the way I am.

By the time I got home it was still morning! After lunch and endless messing around with the iPad that won’t connect to the internet it's time for another coffee and relaxation.

No comments: