Saturday, September 1, 2012

Family

I was able to touch base with my three younger kids this morning.

Paul and Andy went with me to Home Depot to pick out the decking and pickets I need for fixing my deck. I never could have done that alone. The pressure treated wood is drying out in Paul's garage. Once dry, it will get stained. If it doesn't dry before I go on vacation then it will have to wait until I get back. I don't think Kurt (master carpenter) is in any kind of hurry.

Then it was over to the other side of town to visit Kathy. We've spoken on the phone and emailed, but this is the first time we've seen each other since Jessica's wedding. We will be going down to visit Jess next Saturday, and look forward to splitting our time between a mall and a beach...if time gets short forget the mall. :)

I know Kathy will drive the S2000, which means I'll either burn to a crisp or blow away before we get there...she will never put the top up if the weather is nice. I'll pray for rain! :)

Anne is too far away for casual visiting, and besides, she's away this weekend.

I have no plans for the rest of the day, or the holiday weekend for that matter. I'll check the weather and if there is a cool morning coming up I'll go for a bike ride.

No comments: