Thursday, March 28, 2013

The “I Want a New Look for My Bedroom” Saga

I sure hope this saga has finally ended.

I have wanted a new look for my bedroom for a while now. What better time to finally do it than the onset of Spring?


Anne & Hope stores usually have a large array of spreads/quilts with shams. I found a set that was an 8-piece bed in a bag. Liked the color…sage. But the bag was open on the shelf. I brought it up to the desk and had the clerk take it apart to be sure all the pieces were there. Would you believe the shams were missing?!

Special order and they would call me next week if it came in.

I went to Bed Bath & Beyond and saw thermal drapes in sage. Just the direction I was going in. My bedroom gets very hot in summer with the sun beating in all afternoon.

A pair of drapes for $39. That’s a deal. Only to find that there is only one drape per package. I went back for the other one.

Got a call from Anne & Hope that my bed in a bag was in and all the pieces were there. The shams were in with the bed skirt. They probably were in the first set all along…we just didn’t see them.

Another trip. My friend, Pat, was with me both times so it’s a lot of fun plus we usually have lunch. I pick up the special order and take it home…after Pat and I stopped for lunch.

We took everything out and opened everything up. I put the comforter on top of my bed and wanted to hurl. First the color wasn’t at all what I originally thought it was. My bed looked like a big blob of pea soup…which I hate. And, I suppose it is no surprise, the drapes didn’t even come close to matching the color of the BIAB. The comforter was not big enough to cover the bed to the extent I require and now that I had it all spread out…it was really cheesy. The directions said to wash before using. I was afraid that would totally ruin it. I could see the stuffing getting lumpy and bumpy and looking worse than it did now.

Pack it up. Call Pat…wanna to with me when I return this disaster? We are both had a good laugh.

This time I thought to bring one of the drapes with me. This time I will be able to match the color. We will look around A&H first then go to as many stores as I have to until I find what I want!!!

Almost found what I wanted in Anne & Hope, but, even though the picture showed a quilt and two shams, the label said 1 PIECE. No shams. I know better than to have A&H special order shams. I’ve done that before and didn’t want to do that again. Nope. Put it back.

Well, the closest “other” store was Big K-Mart. First lunch. The cheeseburger wasn’t bad. On to the bedding department.

Oooo! Look at this one. Yup, I do believe this might work.

Brought it home and spread it out on the bed…along with the one of the drapes. Yup. I do believe this is the one.

This morning I took the old look off the windows and bed. Up went the new look. Yup. I do believe this is the one…FINALLY.