Sunday, February 10, 2008

Chiropractic Relief

Photo
The best fudge and salt water taffy shop on Commercial St. in Provincetown. It's on the corner of Ryder, across from the Town Hall.


How much pain can I take
I went to the chiropractor Friday afternoon. Dr. V. used to be with Westside Chiropractic in Tolland, where I’ve been going for years. She specializes in sports injuries. I saw another DC at WC 6 months after I hurt my right hip at the gym doing single leg presses. What was the rush, right?
That was a year ago. Things still are not right so I decided to go to Dr. V. I did not know she had left WC at the end of last year and was now in private practice in Willington. WC was good enough to give me her phone number.

After giving me a finger wagging lecture about waiting so long to get treatment (and I deserved that!) we went to work. I injured my hip flexor and sprained the sacral area in my lower back. After watching me walk, then march in place, she could see how I was locked up. After some manipulation and adjusting I felt much better. I’ll go back in 2 weeks to see how I’m doing and what other treatment I need. She wants me to use my balance ball to sit on when I am at my computer, but the ball I have is not big enough. I guess that means a trip to Sports Authority to get the biggest balance ball they make. Or—find something really low to put my laptop on.


The day after

Yesterday morning the result of my visit to Dr. V. set in. I had the ice pack on my lower back followed by the heating pad. While the heating pad was on my back, the ice pack was on my left shoulder (which had muscle pain due to the injury to the right pelvic area). After the ice pack left my shoulder, the heat went on. Now the ice pack was available for my hip flexor followed by heat. The headline should read: Heat chased Ice all over her body. This morning, all is well. No discomfort and I’m moving like a normal person.

No comments: