Friday, February 8, 2008

Tense Moments

Photo
Beach grass and blue sky. Coast Guard Beach, Eastham, Cape Cod.


Doing a favor

I had to go to the home of one of the Marines I write to. His mother had a box of stuff to be sent to Iraq and I agreed to pick it up and get it to Kathy. I took the back roads to Liz's house but after I cleared Ellington 5 Corners I noticed a car behind me. And it stayed with me. If I turned on my signal light the other car's signal went on. If I didn't signal, neither did the other car. Turn for turn for turn right into Liz's driveway. This is where I’m wishing my bike riding gear was in my car. I would have access to my pepper spray and could defend myself.


Identity Crisis

The young woman in the other car and I gave each other quizzical, dirty looks. We got out of our cars and I told her she was creeping me out. She said I did the same thing to her since this is where she lives! It was one of Liz’s daughters. ☺ ☺ I had never met her before. ☺ ☺

No comments: