Sunday, February 3, 2008

Superbowl Sunday

Photo
This scene is on the Air Line Trail in Chaplin, CT. I love stone walls. They have stories to tell and one of these days I will sit down with one of them to listen.

Boots? Maybe.
I received an email from Land’s End mail order catalog and, lo and behold, there was a winter hiking boot (of sorts) for forty bucks. I have ordered it. The boot is warm, waterproof, and has a sole that looks like it will be good on rocky ridges where I do a lot of my winter hiking. Not in time for my hike today, but I don’t think I will need winter hikers today.

Today's Hike

The Colchester Land Trust is having it regular first Sunday of the month hike. Today we will be on River Road along the Salmon River. I’ve wanted to go down there for some time now. Our weather will be in the upper 40s and since we had heavy rain on Friday, I doubt there’s any snow left.


I will start my day having breakfast with Kathy. We have to decide the exact dates we will be on the Erie Canal. It will be some time during this coming September. For me, the later in the month the better, but since Kathy has to work, I’ll go with whatever her schedule will allow.

From breakfast (which will be at 10 a.m.) I will head out to meet my hiking buddy, Jon, and we will travel to Colchester for the hike. Once the hike is over I'll get home in time for the big game. I think it will be a closer game than most people think. The last time the Giants played the Pats it was a very close game. I expect the same today. Gotta love it! ☺ ☺


GO PATS!!!!!!!

No comments: