Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Ah! Spring!

Photo
I think this picture looks like a Monét painting. If he had painted it he would have titled it “Dead Leaves on Stagnant Water”. I happen to like it.

A good day for a ride
What a glorious day today. Sunshine. Temps in the upper 60s. Too good to waste, so you know I was out on my bike. Today I chose to ride the Hop River Trail from Vernon toward Bolton and beyond.


I started riding the Rockville Spur, but just past the Tankerhoosen River bridge there is construction and the trail is closed. News to me! I turned around and went back to Church Street and rode north into Manchester. Turned around at the industrial park and headed for Bolton Notch.

Along the way I stopped to chat with two very nice young men, Anthony and his brother Joe and their mom Linda (I think). We talked for some time then I was off. When I got to Bolton Notch, I met a sister bike rider, Valerie, and chatted some more. Her mom is about my age and an active bike rider. That makes my heart stand up and salute the active senior citizen.

By the time Valerie and I parted company I looked at the time and, oh my gosh, it was ten minutes to four. With the sun starting to go down, the air was cooling off quickly. My ride back to my car was none too slow, either!

When I got home the laundry was more than ready to be taken in off the line. It smelled so good!

My bike is still on the car rack and you know what I’ll be doing tomorrow. I won’t be out so long, though. Wintonbury Library in Bloomfield has its poetry reading and open mic and I look forward to the feature poet and taking part in the open mic segment.

No comments: