Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Sports and Wild Life































Photos
Top left: Look closely at the top center, close to the chain. See those faint prints?
Top right: Again, at the top of the photo. Two solid prints from right to middle.
Bottom left: Look center, just above the white siding. One print is very good.
Bottom right: The storm door handle looking dirtier than it was the day before.
Click on photos to enlarge.

Red Sox
Yesterday the Red Sox had their ring ceremony before their Fenway opener. I’m so happy they honored Bill Buckner. That poor guy had been vilified for year because of his error in the 1986 play-offs against the NY Mets. Did you know that at one time he considered changing his name because the anger/hate directed toward him and his family was so great? Good to see him back and being given a 2-minute stand ovation. Boston fans finally understand it IS human to err!


Basketball
Staying with sports. The Tennessee Lady Vols beat the Stanford Lady Tigers by at least 20 points. I won’t bother looking up the exact score – it was something like 63 – 48. I watched most of that game and I know in my heart of hearts UConn would not have beaten the Vols last night. They played like a team possessed! I don’t like Pat Summit as a person but I take my hat off to her as a coach (even though I don’t like some of her coaching tactics).

At this point you might be asking are there any coaches I like. Yes, there are more likes than can’t stands. ☺

Raccoon Paw Prints on My Back Door
As I was going out the back door yesterday afternoon to get the clothes off the line I saw what looked like a paw print on the storm door glass—a distance of more than 5 feet off the deck. Naw, I thought. Can’t be. Then I took a closer look. Sure enough – a raccoon paw print! A big paw print! I took some pictures just to prove I’m not nuts. I didn’t notice it in the morning when I went out to hang the clothes because the light wasn’t hitting the door right. On the outside I could see dirty marks around the door handle. That bugger must have been trying to get in. Thank goodness the storm windows are still up and not the screen. It must have smelled the bread crusts on the counter just inside the door. I won’t go into what I went through trying to calm down my mother. The bigger problem is this: what do I do about putting the screen up and the storm window down when it gets warm? Of course the back door is always shut tight at night, but how will I know if I have a raccoon is stuck between the doors when I open the door in the morning? A clue might be seeing the screen all chewed up? DO NOT OPEN THAT DOOR! ☺☺☺☺

No comments: