Sunday, April 27, 2008

Two Special Gatherings














































Photos:
Top left: South Congregational Church in Hartford
Top right: Mike and Sue taking their vows
Next left: Mike and Sue
Next right: Sandy (Mike's Mom)
Bottom left: The gang at Olive Garden (back row L to R: Kathy, Jeff's dad, Keith, me; front row R to L: Jeff's mom, Liz, Jeff, Lou, James and Jessica)
(As always, click on any picture to enlarge.)

Mike and Sue Renew Their Vows
I met Mike and his mom when the three of us worked at CNG. Last year I was invited to Mike’s birthday party and this year I was invited to be at South Congregational Church in Hartford as Mike and Sue celebrated their 22nd Wedding Anniversary by renewing their vows. There was a reception after services in the church hall.

The church building currently at the corner of Main and Buckingham is the third one having been built in 1827. The original church was built in (I think) 1637 (might have been 1657).

Finally Met Jeff
The second gathering was at Olive Garden in Enfield. I met
Jeff for the first time, one of the Marines I have been writing to. He’s home from Iraq for a short time and it was an opportunity to celebrate before he has to report back for duty. The meal was fantastic and the company was even better. We enjoyed Love and Laughter for dessert.

No comments: