Saturday, May 10, 2008

Magic Intent
























Photos:
Top left: Jon came to hear more of my poetry and be supportive of what JJ is doing at Magic Intent.
Top right: Early arrivals. Behind the seated couple is a carriage with a wonderful, beautiful baby who also enjoyed the evening.
Bottom right: That's me - reading.

Let the Magic begin
Last night I read my poetry at Magic Intent at …46 Union Street in Vernon-Rockville. The shop, owned by J.J. LANCEY is … right across the street from Rockville Hospital and next door to the Rockville Library. They carry unique gifts for the body and soul including bath products, candles, oils, feng shui corrections, jewelry, fairies and dragons, incense, and fountains. J.J. can be reached at (860) 871-0000. (copied and pasted directly from the The Door Opener CT Happenings on line. It was easier than retyping the whole thing myself.) Every Friday from 7 to 8 p.m., JJ offers a free event with someone giving a talk, demonstration, or poetry reading.

Because it was raining we were inside, but in nice weather, JJ has a space out back and I hope I’m invited back to read my poetry outside in the garden. The space isn’t big, but those in attendance filled it nicely, and their appreciation was huge.

If you are interested in who is on tap for the remaining Fridays in May, contact JJ. Eventually her schedule will be in the Calendar section on ConsciousCT.

No comments: