Monday, May 26, 2008

Birthday Party, Itch Update and Bike Riding


Family Gathering
All my kids (Anne, Paul, Kathy, and Andy) were at Kathy’s on Saturday for my birthday. It was such a surprise to have Anne fly up from Maryland just to be here. Some of the grandkids were there: Jonathan, Jessica and Jimaine. Grandsons Joe (working), Jacob and Andrew (couldn’t come up because their mom came by plane) were unable to attend. We had BBQ ribs and cheeseburgers and hot dogs. Instead of birthday cake we had individual shortcakes with fresh strawberries and blueberries topped with whipped cream. I was in heaven!

The Itch Update
James (Jess’ boyfriend) looked at the rash on my arms and proclaimed it poison ivy. Everyone agreed with him. I’m not convinced, but they may be right. It’s been fifty years since I had poison ivy so I’m not sure what it looks like on my body. Right or wrong, the tea tree oil cream I got at the Parkade Health Store in Manchester is helping somewhat. However, it seems like every day a new itchy, red spot pops up somewhere. I’m ready for something heavy duty to stop the itch, stop the spread and make what’s there go away. Almost two weeks already. Enough!

Bike Riding
On Sunday, Kathy and I went for a short ride. We haven’t ridden together in ages and it felt so good. Today, Monday I did a bicycle meander on the canal path with Bonnie. You have to understand that when Bonnie and I ride our average speed is 6 mph. When I ride alone or with Kathy average speed is more like 10 to 12 mph. But, Bonnie and I stop to look at and take pictures of trees, flowers, the river, the island, the geese and anything else that strikes our fancy.

So, today being Monday, it’s the end of the Memorial Day weekend. I hope everyone had the opportunity to stop for a moment and give Thanks to those who served and lost their lives in that service. Their families deserve a debt of gratitude, too. God Bless all of them.

No comments: