Sunday, August 22, 2010

Another Great Bargain



The latest additions to my Woman's Cave!
I have been looking for two lateral files to replace the 4-drawer and 2-drawer metal cabinets I had. My son, Paul, suggested I go to Value Office Furniture in West Hartford. He had heard their ads on the radio and thought I might have some luck there.

For those who don't know, I'm finishing my basement where I will have an office, library and sitting area.

Luck indeed!
My friend, Barbara, and I were at a CAPA meeting in Avon, and in order to get to VOF before they closed, we had to leave the meeting before it was over. The featured speaker was very interesting, but she had not covered a tenth of her intended material because she had so much information to convey. I was getting bored because she kept getting off track...besides, I had to get to VOF. I know Barbara wanted to stay, but since she was with me...

VOFs's used furniture is in two different back rooms...one for wood, the other for metal. I found these two cabinets for $50 each. SOLD. Others I had seen elsewhere were $300 for one 6 foot file. I ended up paying $95, tax included...discounted because of my cheerful attitude they told me.


Paul and Andy came over this morning to take these out of my car (YES, they both fit in the back of my Honda Fit.) I LOVE MY HONDA FIT SPORT!!!!! After I unloaded the contents of the metal cabinets into the new laterals, Andy took the old cabinets away in his truck.

I am a very happy cave dweller. ☺☺☺

No comments: