Monday, August 16, 2010



















Wingback Chair
So that leaves me still in the hunt for a wingback. I saw a couple at a consignment shop but they were in beautiful shape, too high-backed, and too much $$. In order to have the fabric I want (picking up the colors of the pillows on a light background) I need something in bad shape that I can reupholster.

Sunday, as I was heading to Stop & Shop, I saw a tag sale, and contrary to my usual habit, I screeched to a stop and asked if they had any wingbacks. It was obvious they didn’t, but I asked anyway. The lady had a cellar full of them. I found this darling little chair. It’s delicate, not high backed, and it needs reupholstering. When she said $25 I said SOLD! She also goes to upholstering classes here in town and, even though she herself doesn’t want to do the job, she is going to inquire among her classmates to see if one of them wants to take on the task. It sounded like it would be this person’s class project. This chair may turn out to be my biggest bargain yet! ☺☺☺

1 comment:

Elaine said...

Bev- Where did you get the chair? I'm in the same boat...need a new chair but not much $$.