Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Paint Samples


I hate making decisions
Today I was supposed to tape the basement…never got to it. I did go to Sherwin-Williams to look at paint samples, though. They are having a sale…30% off. Picked out Wool Skein. It’s a light beige, and, depending on how the light hits it, it has undertones of either gray-green, pale yellow, gray, or no undertone at all. I don’t know if I would like a whole room done in that color. I had planned to do the wall with the slider in chocolate brown with the other walls in a tan/beige. Now, I’m not sure. Aaaaarrrrgggggghhhh! Don’t know what to do! I guess I’ll go with my original plan and if I don’t like it when the whole room is finished…I’ll repaint it. ☺☺☺

My couch has a similar color thread running through it (and it also has dark blue and maroon). So if I slip cover the lounge chair in maroon, and have the chair Kathy wants to give me reupholstered in denim…that could pull the whole room together. On the slider I would like to put drapes in a stripe incorporating all the aforementioned colors.

I tried to take pictures of the paint sample on the walls, but it just does not photograph well.

My bargain chair
Now that I have found someone to re-upholster my bargain chair for a reasonable price, I will go fabric shopping at some point during the next two days. Of course that will put me out on the road during another wicked heat wave.

So, when will I get around to taping the basement? At this point, it’s anybody’s guess.

Insurance adjuster
I had to leave two messages with the insurance adjuster head honcho trying to get it across to him that I needed my car fixed before I leave for vacation. My car has a hitch for a bike rack on it and when I leave for vacation my bike will be on my rack on the back of my car. And hopefully the bumper will be a new one. If not, then I go away with a damaged bumper and hope it stays on.

Anyway, when does the local adjuster call me? Four fifteen this afternoon to get a statement from me…to gather all the information I already gave to their office when I reported the accident on SUNDAY! The interview was going to take 20 minutes or so and all I had was 15 minutes because I had to pick up a friend at the airport. Now I won’t talk to her until tomorrow and I can’t go anywhere until I do. Trapped!

No comments: